The Library Scholar award recognizes students who have demonstrated growth in and increased understanding of information literacy through independent study or research. Students were nominated by faculty; winners were chosen through an application process reviewed by the award committee.
A hearty thank you to all faculty who submitted nominations and to the many students who produced such quality work and applications.
The winners (and nominators) of the 2013 Library Scholars competition are:
- Peter Schartel (nominated by Dr. Elizabeth McCain)
- Kerry McGowan (nominated by Dr. Erika Iyengar)
- Megan Postemski (nominated by Dr. Benjamin Carter)
Please visit the library display highlighting this year’s award winners, located near the reading lounge on A-Level of Trexler Library.
A special thank you to our judges:
- Dr. Michael Huber, Dean of Academic Life
- Jennifer Jarson, Information Literacy and Assessment Librarian
- Kassandra Tessitore, Class of ‘14, 2012 Library Scholar
Congratulations to our 2013 Library Scholars!